Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wild raspberries

Only collateral damage from yesterday's 25-mile hike was an inflamed Achilles tendon, probably due to some combination of overuse and wearing a new pair of hiking shoes. So I popped a couple of Ibuprofen and started icing the tendon. Should be fine in a couple of days.

Today I hiked up Bear peak from Chautauqua park via Fern canyon. It was my fastest ascent up Fern, just under an hour. I even passed a trail runner on a crazy steep uphill section, though 90 minutes later she passed me back on a downhill stretch..

On the way down from Bear peak I saw some wild raspberries. Mmmm, delicious.



Along the lower part of Bear canyon vegetation has gotten very lush. I saw a couple of wild blackberry bushes, some new flowers that were popular with bees and butterflies, and a few plants I still need to Google...






Today's hike was 8 miles, 3000' elevation gain. And it's now been four months since I rolled off the couch and started hiking regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment